Saturday, September 25, 2010

Practical Magic











I have never read the book Practical Magic but I think I will head on down to the library today and check it out. The movie however is a totally different story. I saw it when it first came out and fell in love. I was not on my path... well at least not an intentional one and this movie was the first thing that really sparked an interest for me. There are so many things to love about this movie... the love between two sisters (of which I had none), the love of aunts and daughters and a wonderfully beautiful and semi dysfunctional life :) To me anyway. And I loved that. So much.






The movie is fun and filled with laughs yet tears and sadness. And I felt connected to the women in this movie. (Yes even though I know it is fiction) Some of my favorite parts of the movie are:








Amas Veritas-True Love Spell


He will hear my call a mile away.


He will whistle my favorite song.


He can ride a pony backwards.


He can flip pancakes in the air.


He'll be marvelously kind.


And his favorite shape will be a star.


And he'll have one green eye and one blue.






Midnight Margaritas!!!! :)




I love the entire movie. I could watch it over and over :) Even though there are trials and troubles they triumph and are still together and happy. And their magic is so infused in their everyday lives that it isn't even a second thought. I love the girls discovering their magical abilities and how excited they are about it all. And that is how I am feeling. I love the beautiful imagery they have in the movie.




I also love how from the beginning their are tensions between some of the towns women and Sally, Gilly and the Aunts and now the girls. But in the end they are brought together to banish "Jimmy". And in the end they gain their acceptance, or at the very least some tolerance and everyone embraces each other.




















1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

great post!!! happy PM day!!!