Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another post for Samhain





So I have decided to start this little blurb about loved ones who have passed in my family. The above pictures are my mothers parents, my grandparents, Nanny and Poppy AKA Jimmie Rae Essman and Jerrie Charlene Essman. They passed on a year apart April 2007(Poppy) and April 2008(Nanny). I was sad to see them go.

For my dads parents I can only find my grandmothers obituary. I am working on getting her picture. So here is her obituary:

NATIVE - DANKERT - VERNICE - MAE - MRS. - LANCASTER - 8 18 1938 - 12 18 2003 - BROWNSVILLE CEMETERY - Mrs. Vernie Mae Lancaster Dankert, age 65, died Thursday, Dec. 18, 2003.Mrs. Dankert was born and raised in the St. Francis County area, the daughter of Claude Lancaster and Nettie Mae Lancaster. She is survived by her husband, Ron Dankert; her children, Debbie Southerland of Wynne, Pat Purvis of Little Rock, Mike Purvis of Glen Allen, Va. and James Purvis of Bend, Ore.; her sister, Diane Reeves of Forrest City; eight grandchildren and one great-grandchild. She was preceded by both her parents.Funeral services were held for Mrs. Dankert on Monday, Dec. 22, 2003, in the Chapel of Boyd Funeral Home in Lonoke. Burial followed in Brownsville Cemetery.


She was also buried the same day I went into labor and had our son who passed away shortly after his birth.
His name was Jacob Aaron. He lived for almost 3 hours. December 22, 2003 (on a side note he was due April 11.. I seem to be noticing as I am writing this out that all of my loved ones, with the exception of my dads mom, have died in April or have some April connection. The last time we saw my grandmother it was in April a few years before.... weird?)

My dads father, Robert Lee Purvis who passed away in April of 1997. No pictures and still looking for his obituary :(.

My dads best friend Duke. Vietnam Vet

And for now that is all :) Just a little cyber memorial for them from me. I will hopefully be adding pics to it, etc or updating it in other little blurbs I do.

Blessed Be

No comments: